When we hear about treks, we assume that there would be lofty mountains or lush green hills to welcome us. Well, if you want to try something different, then here’s a chance to join us for the Gokarna Beach Trek.
Gokarna, a temple town about 484 km’s from Bangalore, is on the Western coast of India. Located in the Kumta taluk of Uttara Karnataka, the main deity is Lord Shiva, also known as Mahabhaleshwara. This temple houses what is believed to be an original image of Lord Shiva’s lingam (Atmalinga).
Apart from being one among the seven most important Hindu pilgrimage centers, it is known for its scenic and rustic beaches. The drive up the winding path is serene and leads to rocky mountains, with the Western Ghats on one side and the Arabian Sea on the other.
So let’s spend a weekend away from the city on the scenic beaches of Gokarna and come back with memories to be cherished for long.
Alert: Upcoming Events!!! (23rd – 25th Feb 2018)
|TREK DATES||23rd-25th Feb 2018, 9th – 11th Mar 2018 (Women Only), 30th Mar – 2nd Apr 2018|
|TREK LEVEL||Easy – Moderate|
|DAY 0||Leave from Bangalore at 7:00 PM|
|DAY 1|| Trek To:
( Time: 10 a.m – 7 p.m )
Long Weekend(30th Mar – 2nd Apr 2018): We’ll be visiting Vibhooti Falls and return by 5:00 am on Monday
If you wish to experience the thrill of trekking with a difference Plan the Unplanned presents you a beach trek in Gokarna. Gokarna has several beaches and the trekking trail is popularly known as “Golden Trail”. The trek begins from the Belekhan Village and ends at Kudle Beach. You would be walking along the beach side, climbing the boulders and crossing several beaches like Paradise, Hell of a Beach and more. So what are you waiting for, just get a beach trek strike off your bucket list and cherish wonderful memories with us forever!
How nice would it be if all your travel plans were already made for you?
When on a trip to a place like Gokarna, there are chances that you may miss out those unexplored beaches due to lack of time, information or sheer confusion.Well, we’ll make sure that you don’t miss out anything.
For booking enquiry you can call us at: 9035182699, 776071005, 9428909952
Following are your pickup/drop locations. You could let us know which would be appropriate to you before the trek in advance. Also note, the drop points would be the same as pick up.
- Fabindia – House No. 54, 17th Main Road, Opp. Madivala Masjid, Koramangala 2nd Block, Sidharata Colony, Santhosapuram, Koramangala 2nd Block, Koramangala, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- New Shanti Sagar Hotel – Old Airport Road, Domlur, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- KTM Mekhri Circle – Mekhri Circle Junction, Raj Mahal Vilas Extension, Armane Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
Kindly note the timings for the above pickups, would be updated to you a day before the trek.
We request you to kindly carry the following. It’s better to be prepared rather than not prepared.
- Yourself (That’s most important – after all you paid us!)
- Rucksack (Just stuff your things in!)
- 2 water bottle – 1 litre each (Hydration is much needed.)
- Torch/Headlamp (It’ll be really dark at night.)
- Portable charger (You might just want to keep your phone aside, but then, selfies toh banta hai!)
- Deodorant (You shouldn’t stink!)
- Paytm balance (Thanks to Demonetization)
- Money (You’ll not need it, but do carry some!)
- Energy Food ( Chocolate bars, Electrolyte drinks – Glucon-D, etc ) (You can carry some extra – we don’t mind to share!)
- Raincoat / Bag cover (Of course, you don’t want your rucksack to get all wet!)
- An extra pair of clothes, socks, undergarments, T-Shirt (And we don’t want you to walk in drenched clothes!)
- Flip-flops (Just to laze around the campsite.)
- First Aid Kit (along with personal medicine as per your requirement)
- Toilet kit (Not much would be required – just your toothbrush would do)
- Towel (Oh! We believe in saving water. Let’s ditch bathing for two days!)
OPTIONAL: VOLLEYBALL, FRISBEE, AUX CABLE, UNO, BLUETOOTH SPEAKER, GUITAR/ANY MUSIC INSTRUMENT, or any other games.