Oh, what a treat! We are back with our Bhutan adventures! Backpacking across Bhutan will not only give you a chance to explore the country like a local, but it will also show you the raw and untouched sides of the natural beauty that the country possesses. PTU has beautifully crafted this backpacking trip, where you’ll get a chance to hitchhike or board the local transport and sleep at home stays or camps. While everyone can enjoy luxury trips, you need to have the courage and zeal to get the real taste of a backpacking journey. Set out with your rucksack and explore the unknown roads with a bunch of strangers – who knows, perhaps you’ll just find a new meaning to life!
|TREK DATES||15th March 2018 – 24th March 2018|
Day 0 / 15th March: Arrive at Phuentsholing
Day 1 / 16th March: Phuentsholing – Thimphu
Distance: 176km/ 5hours drive
Our day will start at the immigration office near the Indo- Bhutan Border, and once we get hold of our permits, we shall start our journey from Phuentsholing towards Thimphu. The capital of Bhutan, Thimphu is a unique city with an unusual mixture of modern development alongside ancient traditions. Once we reach Thimphu, we shall relax for some time, get freshened up and head out for a market tour in the evening.
Day 2 / 17th March: Thimphu (Hike to Tango Monastery)
Today, we’ll walk along a trail to Tango Monastery and experience the views of beautiful Bhutanese villages and chortens. In the latter half of the day, we shall take a tour of the capital city, Thimphu, visiting the Buddha Point, Takin Reserve, Zilukha Nunnery and Tashicho Dzong. We’ll also take a tour of the markets, in case you want to buy some wooden masks, thangkas, silverware, jewelry, and bamboo crafts. Souvenir shopping is a must!
Overnight stay at the hotel in Thimphu.
Day 3/ 18th March: Thimphu – Pobjikha Valley ( Gangtey)
Distance: 77km/ 2hours drive
Today, we shall leave Thimphu and head towards Pobjikha, crossing the Dochula Pass – one of the highest motorable roads in Bhutan. This gorgeous U-shaped glacial valley is also known as Gangteng Valley named after the impressive Gangteng Monastery. It’ll be a bliss to explore this piece of paradise!
Overnight stay at the hotel in Pobjikha
Day 04/ 19th March: Pobjikha Valley to Punakha
There are options to raft back on Mo Chhu River, on spot reservation.
Overnight stay in Tents (Camping at Punakha).
Day 05/20th March: Punakha
Today, we’ll be exploring the best of Punakha. Head back to the Dzong, and capture the glory of the magnificent structure. Relax on the banks of the river, before we go for a hike to Chimi Lakhang, which is also popular as the Monastery of the Divine Mad Man. In the evening we will visit Nunnery in Punakha.
Overnight at the Hotel in Punakha.
Day 06/21st March: Punakaha – Paro via Chelela Pass
Distance: 142km/4hours drive
After breakfast, drive back to Paro valley through Dochula Pass. After reaching Paro, we’ll visit the Paro Dzong, from where you might just get a glimpse of the snow-capped peak of Chomolhari Mountain, in case you are lucky.
Overnight stay in Paro.
Day 07/22nd March: Paro – Taktsang ( Hike to Tiger’s Nest)
Today would be the most exciting day of your entire trip, and as they say – Save the best for the last. We shall hike up to Taktsang Monastery today. Today’s hike is quite challenging and good quality, comfortable shoes/sneakers are required. Please remember to drink lots of water and wear layers as it gets quite cold. (The hike demands a certain level of fitness and a pony ride to the monastery can be arranged at additional cost).
Overnight stay in Paro.
Day 08/23rd March: Heading back to Phuentsholing
As the amazing Bhutan trip comes to an end, we shall be heading back to Phuentsholing. Rest at your hotel, and talk about the wonderful trip experiences.
Fly Back To Respective Towns from Bagdogara
For booking enquiry you can call us at: 9035182699, 9428909952
Meeting Point: Bagdogra Airport before 12 PM. We have a bus at 2 PM departing to Phuentsholing, Bhutan.
- Option 1 – There are a lot of ways to reach Bhutan. But the best way what we would recommend it, take a flight till Bagdogra(Nearest airport) and from there take a cab/bus till Phuentsholing/Jaigaon.
- Option 2 – From Kolkata to Phuentsholing by bus: Kolkata Bus Terminal, Esplanade[ 0091 3322487734/9830723944/98317205
74 ), there is a bus which goes every day(except Sunday) at 7:00 PM. The booking needs to be done offline for the same. You can find phone number and other details here: http://www.bhutanpost.bt /plingkolkata.php
- Other options(train and flight): http://www.travelmax.
For any other queries, you can give us a call on 9035182699, 9428909952
We request you to kindly carry the following. It’s better to be prepared rather than not prepared.
- Passport along with 2 xerox copy
- 5 passport size photo
- Election Card/Voter ID
- Rucksack (Just stuff your things in!)
- Small Back Pack(20-30 ltr)
- Water Proof along with Wind Cheater Jacket.
- BalaClava ( For covering the head and ears ).
- 2 water bottle – 1 litre each (Hydration is much needed.)
- Torch/Headlamp (It’ll be really dark at night.)
- Portable charger (You might just want to keep your phone aside, but then, selfies toh banta hai!)
- Deodorant (You shouldn’t stink!)
- Energy Food ( Chocolate bars, Electrolyte drinks – Glucon-D, etc ) (You can carry some extra – we don’t mind to share!)
- Raincoat / Bag cover (Of course, you don’t want your rucksack to get all wet!)
- Flip-flops (Just to laze around.)
- First Aid Kit (along with personal medicine as per your requirement)
- Toilet kit
- Towel (Oh! We believe in saving water.)
OPTIONAL: AUX CABLE, UNO, BLUETOOTH SPEAKER, GUITAR/ANY MUSIC INSTRUMENT, or any other games.
- If you cancel the trip before 14th Feb 2018 then you shall receive 90% of the entire amount as a refund.
- If you cancel the trip between 15th Feb 2018 – 5th March 2018, then you shall receive 40% of the entire amount as a refund.
- From 6th March – No Refund
- We require a min of 5 people for the event to happen.
- Plan The Unplanned will not be responsible for the cancellation of any booking – flights, bus, train or any other.