The Campsite is an eco-lodge situated inside the forest where one can get close to the wilderness offered by the western ghats that run along Wayanad district. It’s situated approx. 30 km from Kalpetta (the nearest town) and 15 km from Meppadi (comparatively smaller town). The nearest point you can reach via your own mode of transport is Kalladi. From here, you would be taken up to our resort in a jeep, as the terrain is pure offroad ascend.
A heaven for avid bird watchers, you might also spot lots of flora & fauna including sambar deer, Malabar squirrel, Asian palm civet, porcupine and over 250 bird species while enjoying the eerie silence of the forest.
You can engage yourself in archery, fishing, or ball games at Campsite and in terms of adventure you could unwind at the nearby stream, trek to see Cave house and explore the forest.
There are attractive spots nearby which you can check out while staying at the campsite – including Edakkal caves / Soochippara waterfalls / Chembra peak etc.
Star gazing is amazing at the campsite and for adventurous folks, we have tents, sleeping bags, and life jackets if you aren’t yet sure of your swimming skills!
Alert: Other treks happening this Weekend!!!
|TREK DATES||17th-19th Nov 2017, 1st-3rd Dec 2017, 22nd-24th Dec 2017|
|DAY 0 – 15th Sep||Leave from Bangalore at 21:00 Hrs|
|DAY 1 – 16th Sep||
|DAY 2 – 17th Sep||
For booking inquiry, you can call us at: 9035182699, 9428909952
For more details of Nature Walk and Camping at Wayanad click on the itinerary tab.
Day 0: Departure
Leave from Bangalore at 10:00PM
Day 1: Trekking and Camping
Our one and only Cave House is a natural cave converted into a safe and comfortable platform to enjoy nature at the closet distance. In the past this cave had provided protection and safety for the tribal people during their hunting tours as we found many tribal artifacts from the location. The Cave House has been converted into a natural, yet comfortable shelter with a queen size bed and bathroom. The Cave House looks out to the stunning view of the rolling hills of Western Ghats. There is a large space in front of the Cave House where campfire is lit every night and gentle breeze from the Ghats keeps the rooms refreshing and cool.
There is a Mud Hut build by the local tribal community, in the same way they build for themselves. It’s a great experience to live in the hut with its natural feel. There are two rooms inside the hut and share a single WC. Outside the hut there is a large space for camping and is located roughly around 300 meters away from the Farm Cottage. They have a wonderful view of the surrounding forest.
On trek you may see Malabar squirrel, wild birds, wild elephants, deer and almost all the species in the animal kingdom that live in this area. Followed by dinner and campfire.
Day 2: Stream-Bath Walk and Games
Steam Bath Walk Tour
The walk is good for those who love nature and like to understand the flora and fauna of the region. The walk could take up to three hours and depend upon how you spend the time exploring the forest. This walk leads to a virgin stream and you could bath in the crystal clear stream. It is a delight in itself. The guide will help you to understand the various wild medicinal plants, collect wild-pepper and other fruits and forest products to take home. If you happened to come during the rainy season (June & July) you would not miss the bite of leeches. And if you are not a friend of leeches our guide will help you to take precautionary measure so that blood sucking leeches will leave you at peace.
Various Indoor + Outdoor Games ( Carroms, Archery, Football, Badminton etc)
Following are your pickup/drop locations. You could let us know which would be appropriate to you before the trek in advance. Also note, the drop points would be the same as pick up.
- Fabindia – House No. 54, 17th Main Road, Opp. Madivala Masjid, Koramangala 2nd Block, Sidharata Colony, Santhosapuram, Koramangala 2nd Block, Koramangala, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- New Shanti Sagar Hotel – Old Airport Road, Domlur, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- St. Marks Cathedral – M.G. Road, Near To Chinnaswamy Stadium, Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka
Kindly note the timings for the above pickups, would be updated to you a day before the trek.
We request you to kindly carry the following. It’s better to be prepared rather than not prepared.
- Yourself (That’s most important – after all you paid us!)
- Rucksack (Just stuff your things in!)
- 2 water bottle – 1 litre each (Dehydration is much needed.)
- Torch/Headlamp (It’ll be really dark at night.)
- Portable charger (You might just want to keep your phone aside, but then, selfies toh banta hai!)
- Deodorant (You shouldn’t stink!)
- Paytm balance (Thanks to Demonetization)
- Money (You’ll not need it, but do carry some!)
- Energy Food ( Chocolate bars, Electrolyte drinks – Glucon-D, etc ) (You can carry some extra – we don’t mind to share!)
- Raincoat / Bag cover (Of course, you don’t want your rucksack to get all wet!)
- An extra pair of clothes, socks, undergarments, T-Shirt (And we don’t want you to walk in drenched clothes!)
- Flip-flops (Just to laze around the campsite.)
- First Aid Kit (along with personal medicine as per your requirement)
- Toilet kit (Not much would be required – just your toothbrush would do)
- Towel (Oh! We believe in saving water. Let’s ditch bathing for two days!)