While a weekend getaway to Coorg might sound something too cliched, you’ll be surprised to know that the region has some amazing trek trails, providing numerous opportunities to travel enthusiasts for exploring the entire region surrounded by the Western Ghats. Plan The Unplanned has already taken you up there till Tadiyandamol, Kopatty, Nishani Motte and other places, but now it’s time to head towards another new destination, Kumara Parvatha.
Kumara Parvatha, also popularly known as Pushpagiri (5624 feet above sea level), is the second highest mountain belonging to the Western Ghats mountain ranges situated in the Kodagu district of Karnataka, after Tadiandamol. If compared to the other treks in this region, Kumara Parvatha is a little tougher, but nonetheless, beautiful. The trekking trail runs through the Pushpagiri Wildlife Sanctuary, and you’ll be getting up close and personal with nature during this journey.
You’ll be exposed to the majestic mountains, the valleys painted with the most amazing shades of green, little brooks and some surprises that nature has to offer enroute.
Considered as one of the best treks in India, Kumara Parvatha should be there on your checklist if you are an adventure junkie – dare not to miss it out!
Alert: Other treks happening this Weekend!!!
|TREK DATES||10th-12th Nov 2017, 24th-26th Nov 2017, 8th-10th Dec 2017|
|DISTANCE||28 km(to & fro)|
|DAY 0||Leave from Bangalore at 9:30 PM|
Day 1 – Trek to Kumara Parvatha
We’ll reach Subramanya between 5 to 6 AM, the next day. Take a while to freshen up and have your breakfast before we finally set out for our journey. The first phase of the trek will be till Bhattara Mane and we’ll cross Kukke Subramanya temple on the way. At Bhattara Mane, we’ll stop for some time, and have our lunch. Well, nothing can be more satisfying than filling your stomach under the sky, amidst nature.
Post lunch, we’ll again start ascending towards Sesha Parvatha and later, the summit of Kumara Parvatha. The journey might be a little tiring, but the views that you’ll get from the top would be absolutely priceless.
Take some rest at the summit, click as many photos as you want, and then, start descending. We shall put up the tents at Bhattara Mane.
In the evening, there shall be a bonfire and some music near the campsite, and we’ll all share our travel stories with each other.
Day 2 – Sunrise and descend from Bhattara Mane
Wake up to witness a gorgeous sunrise, and have your breakfast. then we shall wrap up the tents and start heading back. By 1:00 PM, we shall board the bus for Bangalore, reach the city by 10 o’clock at night.
Today, we’ll set out on our journey from Bangalore. You should travel light, as you’ll have to carry the tents and sleeping bags along with your other trek mates, get to know everyone and also, a brief orientation session will be conducted by the Trek Lead.
For booking enquiry you can call us at: 9035182699, 9428909952
Following are your pickup/drop locations. You could let us know which would be appropriate to you before the trek in advance. Also note, the drop points would be the same as pick up.
- Fabindia – House No. 54, 17th Main Road, Opp. Madivala Masjid, Koramangala 2nd Block, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- New Shanti Sagar Hotel – Old Airport Road, Domlur, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- KTM Mekhri Circle – Mekhri Circle Junction, Raj Mahal Vilas Extension, Armane Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
Kindly note the timings for the above pickups, would be updated to you a day before the trek.
We request you to kindly carry the following. It’s better to be prepared rather than not prepared.
- Yourself (That’s most important – after all you paid us!)
- Rucksack (Just stuff your things in!)
- 2 water bottle – 1 litre each (Hydration is much needed.)
- Torch/Headlamp (It’ll be really dark at night.)
- Portable charger (You might just want to keep your phone aside, but then, selfies toh banta hai!)
- Deodorant (You shouldn’t stink!)
- Paytm balance (Thanks to Demonetization)
- Money (You’ll not need it, but do carry some!)
- Energy Food ( Chocolate bars, Electrolyte drinks – Glucon-D, etc ) (You can carry some extra – we don’t mind to share!)
- Raincoat / Bag cover (Of course, you don’t want your rucksack to get all wet!)
- An extra pair of clothes, socks, undergarments, T-Shirt (And we don’t want you to walk in drenched clothes!)
- Flip-flops (Just to laze around the campsite.)
- First Aid Kit (along with personal medicine as per your requirement)
- Toilet kit (Not much would be required – just your toothbrush would do)
- Towel (Oh! We believe in saving water. Let’s ditch bathing for two days!)