Coming under the Chikmagalur District of Karnataka, Kudremukh trek is one of the most exciting treks in this region. It is the third highest peak after Mullayanagiri and Bababudangiri. Absorb the beauty of the Western Ghats as you walk up the trail. Very few people know the fact that the Western Ghats are considered as UNESCO World Heritage Site for the natural beauty and for being an icon of environmental balance. The lush greenery of the hills can never fail to mesmerize a soul.
You’ll cross several cascading waterfalls and narrow streams, thick forests with a variety of trees, and the whistling of birds will keep you entertained all throughout. And finally, when you’ll reach the peak, the picturesque view from the top and the chilled wind will absolutely blow you out of your mind and make you numb for a few minutes, before you regain your consciousness to feel the enchanting magic of the place. So if you are bored of the city lights in Bangalore, then forget everything and join us for this weekend trek to Kudremukh and find yourself amidst nature.
Alert: Upcoming treks!!!
|TREK LEVEL||Moderate(difficulty level is subjective).|
|DISTANCE||19 – 21 km (to and fro)|
|DAY 0||Leave from Bangalore by 9:00 PM|
Day 0 – Depart for Kudremukh
Start from Bangalore. Meet all your new friends and have a short ‘let’s-get-to-know-each-other’ session. Remember, as a famous saying goes, the best people are the ones you meet on the road.
Our trek leaders would give you a brief orientation about the trek and discuss the itinerary for the next two days.
Day 1 – Trek to Kudremukh
After the overnight journey, we’ll reach Kudremukh National Park the next morning. It’s the second largest wildlife protected area in the region and it would seem to something like that you’ve read in the Jungle Book. There will be a short but adventurous jeep ride (covering a stretch of 6km) through the picturesque villages and coffee plantations before we reach the base camp. The base from where we’ll start the trek is a village called Mullodi. The trail from Mullodi will pass through the tropical rain forest with streams and waterfalls at regular intervals. There’s a little inclination, and therefore you need to check your pace and be with the group.
Listen to soothing silence and the rhythm of the flowing water, while hiking up. As you’ll go higher up, you’ll feel as if the clouds are coming closer to kiss you. The last part of the trail is zigzagged and you need to carefully walk up before you reach the top.
The view from the top is absolutely gorgeous, with the Kudremukh falls right in front of you. Get drenched in the beauty of the place which is nothing less than a paradise.
After spending some time there, we’ll start walking down to our base, where we’ll relax and enjoy a great meal with bonfire and music. And of course, there will be lots of stories to share.
Day 2 – Visit Somavati Falls
The next morning, we’ll head to see the Somavati falls after having breakfast at the campsite. The stream flows to join the Tungabhadra which finally joins the Krishna River. Click as many pictures as you want before we get set to head back to Bangalore.
Subscribe to Event Updates
For booking enquiry you can call us at: 9035182699, 9428909952
Following are your pickup/drop locations. You could let us know which would be appropriate to you before the trek in advance. Also note, the drop points would be the same as pick up.
- Fabindia – House No. 54, 17th Main Road, Opp. Madivala Masjid, Koramangala 2nd Block, Sidharata Colony, Santhosapuram, Koramangala 2nd Block, Koramangala, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- New Shanti Sagar Hotel – Old Airport Road, Domlur, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- KTM Mekhri Circle – Mekhri Circle Junction, Raj Mahal Vilas Extension, Armane Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
Kindly note the timings for the above pickups, would be updated to you a day before the trek.
We request you to kindly carry the following. It’s better to be prepared rather than not prepared.
- Yourself (That’s most important – after all you paid us!)
- Rucksack (Just stuff your things in!)
- 2 water bottle – 1 litre each (Dehydration is much needed.)
- Torch/Headlamp (It’ll be really dark at night.)
- Portable charger (You might just want to keep your phone aside, but then, selfies toh banta hai!)
- Deodorant (You shouldn’t stink!)
- Paytm balance (Thanks to Demonetization)
- Money (You’ll not need it, but do carry some!)
- Energy Food ( Chocolate bars, Electrolyte drinks – Glucon-D, etc ) (You can carry some extra – we don’t mind to share!)
- Raincoat / Bag cover (Of course, you don’t want your rucksack to get all wet!)
- An extra pair of clothes, socks, undergarments, T-Shirt (And we don’t want you to walk in drenched clothes!)
- Flip-flops (Just to laze around the campsite.)
- First Aid Kit (along with personal medicine as per your requirement)
- Toilet kit (Not much would be required – just your toothbrush would do)
- Towel (Oh! We believe in saving water. Let’s ditch bathing for two days!)
OPTIONAL: AUX CABLE, UNO, BLUETOOTH SPEAKER, GUITAR/ANY MUSIC INSTRUMENT, or any other games.