Coorg, famously known as ‘The Scotland of India’, is mountainous, misty and cool. The beauty of Coorg has made it one of the most preferred tourist destinations in the recent past. While most people go to chill in Coorg and indulge in having the Kodagu cuisine with local fruit wines, there are others who choose to trek and explore the hills of Deccan. Kopatty is a small town in the Bhagmandala district of Coorg, which also presents adventure junkies with the option to trek.
|TREK DATE||15th – 17th Sept 2017|
|TREK LEVEL||Moderate (difficulty level is subjective)|
|DISTANCE||10-12 km (to and fro)|
|DAY 0||Leave from Bangalore by 10:00 PM|
Day 1 – Trek to Kopatty Hills
The trail for this trek starts from a local school premise and is much on a jeep track.As you’ll walk up the trek trail, you’ll get to see the coffee plantations, spice gardens, and amazingly beautiful flowers. Not just that, but you can spot different kinds of birds as well.After a stretch of approx 2 km, the road will take a gradual ascend, and it might be soggy and muddy. There’ll be a local tribal settlement on our way as well.As we pass the settlement, we’ll walk into the woods, which will be an absolutely stunning landscape. (Photo junkies! Be prepared!)
On the way, there are a few streams, which are usually gushing during the monsoons but are exceptionally beautiful throughout the year.Another hour’s stretch and you’ll get to see the Kopatty peak. In the midst of nature, breathe freshness as much as you can, and fill your lungs with oxygen. The climb up the Kopatty peak is worth the effort, and from the top you’ll have an excellent view of the lush greens all around.We’ll halt there for some time, till each one of us is saturated with the aura of the place.Then, we’ll start to descend, following the same trek trail.
Visit Triveni Sangam:
After the trek, we’ll head to Triveni Sangam which is in the town of Bhagamnadala.Here, the Kaveri River is joined by two of its tributaries – the Kannike and the mythical Sujyoti River. The confluence of the rivers at ‘Sangam’ is considered to be holy by all. If you want to take a dip in the waters to get rid of the trek exhaustion – then you can just jump in!
Day 2 – Dubare Elephant Camp
Dubare Elephant reserve is just a few hours from Coorg, and it’s ‘the place’ for elephant lovers. Not only do you get to see the huge animals closely, but you can also play around while they take a cozy shower! This is another place for water sports, and famous for white water rafting. The river runs through the dense forest, and as your raft floats on the swift-flowing Kaveri, you can enjoy the natural surroundings while soaking up the sun.
So, what is the wait for? Make the most of your weekend – and set out for the Kopatty Peak trek.
We’re waiting to hear back from you.Subscribe to Event Updates
For booking inquiry, you can call us at: 9035182699, 9428909952
Following are your pickup/drop locations. You could let us know which would be appropriate to you before the trek in advance. Also note, the drop points would be the same as pick up.
- Fabindia – House No. 54, 17th Main Road, Opp. Madivala Masjid, Koramangala 2nd Block, Sidharata Colony, Santhosapuram, Koramangala 2nd Block, Koramangala, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- New Shanti Sagar Hotel – Old Airport Road, Domlur, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- M Chinnaswamy Stadium Bus Stop – Queens Rd, Shivaji Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
Kindly note the timings for the above pickups, would be updated to you a day before the trek.
We request you to kindly carry the following. It’s better to be prepared rather than not prepared.
- Yourself (That’s most important – after all you paid us!)
- Rucksack (Just stuff your things in!)
- 2 water bottle – 1 litre each (Dehydration is much needed.)
- Torch/Headlamp (It’ll be really dark at night.)
- Portable charger (You might just want to keep your phone aside, but then, selfies toh banta hai!)
- Deodorant (You shouldn’t stink!)
- Paytm balance (Thanks to Demonetization)
- Money (You’ll not need it, but do carry some!)
- Energy Food ( Chocolate bars, Electrolyte drinks – Glucon-D, etc ) (You can carry some extra – we don’t mind to share!)
- Raincoat / Bag cover (Of course, you don’t want your rucksack to get all wet!)
- An extra pair of clothes, socks, undergarments, T-Shirt (And we don’t want you to walk in drenched clothes!)
- Flip-flops (Just to laze around the campsite.)
- First Aid Kit (along with personal medicine as per your requirement)
- Toilet kit (Not much would be required – just your toothbrush would do)
- Towel (Oh! We believe in saving water. Let’s ditch bathing for two days!)
OPTIONAL: AUX CABLE, UNO, BLUETOOTH SPEAKER, GUITAR/ANY MUSIC INSTRUMENT, or any other games.