Plan The Unplanned presents Gokarna and Karwar !!
Gokarna, a temple town about 484 km’s from Bangalore, is on the Western coast of India. Located in the Kumta taluk of Uttara Karnataka, the main deity is Lord Shiva, also known as Mahabhaleshwara. This temple houses what is believed to be an original image of Lord Shiva’s lingam (Atmalinga).
If you wish to experience the thrill of trekking with a difference Plan the Unplanned presents you a beach trek in Gokarna. Gokarna has several beaches and the trekking trail is popularly known as “Golden Trail”. The trek begins from the Belekhan Village and ends at Kudle Beach. You would be walking along the beach side, climbing the boulders and crossing several beaches like Paradise, Half Moon Beach and more. So what are you waiting for, just get a beach trek strike off your bucket list and cherish wonderful memories with us forever?
Karwar is the head quarter of Uttara Kannada district in the Southern western coast of India. It is situated between Sahyadri evergreen forest in east, blue Arabian Sea to the west, towards south ends with harbour and North the beautiful Kali river. It is one of the green city of India with eco tourism. Hills has created a natural harbour with protection against wind and sea tides naturally.
Karwar is known for its clear blue beaches , calmness and Islands. A boat ride to Elephant Island, Turtle Island and Lighthouse Island is the best in Karwar. Our resort is situated in Majali which is around 2 km from Sadashivgad fort . Major attractions in Karwar are Rabindranath Tagore Beach , INS Chapal Museum , Aquarium , Sadashivgad fort . A Trek to Flamingo Island and Tilmati Beach is the best walks you will ever have.
Alert: Upcoming Events!!! (19th – 21st Jan 2018)
|TREK DATES||25th – 28th Jan 2018|
|TREK LEVEL||Easy to Moderate (difficulty level is subjective)|
|DISTANCE||12km ( to and fro )|
|DAY 0||Leave from Bangalore at 7:00 PM|
|DAY 1||Trek to
For booking enquiry you can call us at: 9035182699, 9428909952
Following are your pickup/drop locations. You could let us know which would be appropriate to you before the trek in advance. Also note, the drop points would be the same as pick up.
- Fabindia – House No. 54, 17th Main Road, Opp. Madivala Masjid, Koramangala 2nd Block, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- New Shanti Sagar Hotel – Old Airport Road, Domlur, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- KTM Mekhri Circle – Mekhri Circle Junction, Raj Mahal Vilas Extension, Armane Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
Kindly note the timings for the above pickups, would be updated to you a day before the trek.
We request you to kindly carry the following. It’s better to be prepared rather than not prepared.
- Yourself (That’s most important – after all you paid us!)
- Rucksack (Just stuff your things in!)
- 2 water bottle – 1 litre each (Hydration is much needed.)
- Torch/Headlamp (It’ll be really dark at night.)
- Portable charger (You might just want to keep your phone aside, but then, selfies toh banta hai!)
- Deodorant (You shouldn’t stink!)
- Paytm balance (Thanks to Demonetization)
- Money (You’ll not need it, but do carry some!)
- Energy Food ( Chocolate bars, Electrolyte drinks – Glucon-D, etc ) (You can carry some extra – we don’t mind to share!)
- Raincoat / Bag cover (Of course, you don’t want your rucksack to get all wet!)
- An extra pair of clothes, socks, undergarments, T-Shirt (And we don’t want you to walk in drenched clothes!)
- Flip-flops (Just to laze around the campsite.)
- First Aid Kit (along with personal medicine as per your requirement)
- Toilet kit (Not much would be required – just your toothbrush would do)
- Towel (Oh! We believe in saving water. Let’s ditch bathing for two days!)
OPTIONAL: AUX CABLE, UNO, BLUETOOTH SPEAKER, GUITAR/ANY MUSIC INSTRUMENT, or any other games.