Baamikonda Kilchika is one of the most untouched and stunning trails that Bangaloreans can enjoy over the weekend. This trek begins at the foothills of the Mullodi village which is surrounded by soothing waterfalls within a 15 km radius. The unique thing about this trek is that it takes place within the open face of the hills and also has a ridge walk towards the peak which will give you a view that you will not be able to forget for the rest of your life.
|TREK DATES||16th – 18th June 2017, 14th – 16th July 2017|
|TREK LEVEL||Easy – Moderate|
|DISTANCE||14-16 km (to and fro)|
|DAY 0||Leave from Bangalore at 10:00 PM|
DAY 0 – Depart from Bangalore
Drive from Bangalore to Mullodi is 335 km. We will make sure that the bus ride is absolutely fun filled and crazily unplanned!
Make sure to catch up on your sleep beforehand as this bus ride will be one that you will want to stay awake for!
DAY 1 – Trek to Baamikonda and Kilchika Peak
We will arrive at the ghats during or around sunrise, so you will get to enjoy the spectacular view of the meadows that will be bathed in mellow yellow light. The best part about this view is that you will be enjoying it from the comfortable seats of the jeep. The trek will begin where the jeep trail ends and will lead you to the coffee plantations that are present at the foothills. Make sure to inhale the wonderful smell before you make your way uphill and reach the farms which will have the shadows of the clouds all across it.
You will come across a stream with jungles on both sides – you may find an animal or two, and wild berries popping up along the way. After a while, you will come across a plateau that is called the Mullodi Plateau. From here you get a stunning view of Mullodi village as well as the peaks of Dakshina Kannada. Make sure to spend your time here and click as many photos you want!
Once you start making your way further upwards, the view will only continue to get better and more panoramic. The lack of much vegetation is what sets this trail apart along with the fact that you will be right in the middle of the clouds. After a while, you will come across the ridge that sets this trek apart from all the other treks as it has the longest ridge to walk along. From this point, you will get to see the peaks, marshmallow-shaped clouds and the gorgeousness of nature all around you.
When you walk further ahead and come across rocks lying on top of each other, that is when you have reached the highest point of this marvellous trek. Absorb enough freshness till you step out for another journey.
DAY 2 – Visit Somavati and Elniru Falls
You will have to wake up early, as you can’t afford to miss the spectacular view of the sunrise.Later, we will make our way towards the Somvati Waterfalls and feel even more connected with nature – thanks to its soothing splashes. We’ll spend a few hours exploring the coffee farms of Balegal, after which we will make our way back to the base camp.
Make sure to hold onto all the peace, happiness, awe and tranquillity you felt at the top of the peak and carry it along with you for as long as you can!Subscribe to Event Updates
For booking enquiry, you can call us at 9035182699, 9428909952
Following are your pickup/drop locations. You could let us know which would be appropriate to you before the trek in advance. Also note, the drop points would be the same as pick up.
- Fabindia – House No. 54, 17th Main Road, Opp. Madivala Masjid, Koramangala 2nd Block, Sidharata Colony, Santhosapuram, Koramangala 2nd Block, Koramangala, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- New Shanti Sagar Hotel – Old Airport Road, Domlur, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- KTM Mekhri Circle – Mekhri Circle Junction, Raj Mahal Vilas Extension, Armane Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
Kindly note the timings for the above pickups, would be updated to you a day before the trek.
We request you to kindly carry the following. It’s better to be prepared rather than not prepared.
- Yourself (That’s most important – after all you paid us!)
- Rucksack (Just stuff your things in!)
- 2 water bottle – 1 litre each (Dehydration is much needed.)
- Torch/Headlamp (It’ll be really dark at night.)
- Portable charger (You might just want to keep your phone aside, but then, selfies toh banta hai!)
- Deodorant (You shouldn’t stink!)
- Paytm balance (Thanks to Demonetization)
- Money (You’ll not need it, but do carry some!)
- Energy Food ( Chocolate bars, Electrolyte drinks – Glucon-D, etc ) (You can carry some extra – we don’t mind to share!)
- Raincoat / Bag cover (Of course, you don’t want your rucksack to get all wet!)
- An extra pair of clothes, socks, undergarments, T-Shirt (And we don’t want you to walk in drenched clothes!)
- Flip-flops (Just to laze around the campsite.)
- First Aid Kit (along with personal medicine as per your requirement)
- Toilet kit (Not much would be required – just your toothbrush would do)
- Towel (Oh! We believe in saving water. Let’s ditch bathing for two days!)