Uttari Betta is one of the most popular trekking trails in Karnataka and that is not without a reason. This five kilometre trek offers all the adventurers stunning views that will be imprinted onto their minds and will be very hard to forget for the rest of their lives. Along with historic views such as those of the fort walls and the intricate stone steps, the trek also has a temple of Shankareswar right at the top. It also takes you right into the middle of nature with the help of caves, jungles and huge boulders that will make you marvel at the immensity of life. It makes sure that the trekkers feel at one with the abundant wildlife and vegetation that its path has to offer. So if you want to completely belong to nature, come along on this trek and get to be a part of something bigger than all of us.
|TREK DATES||23rd April 2017|
|DAY 0||Leave from Bangalore at 6:00 AM|
DAY 1 – Trek to Uttari Beta
We will be leaving for this one day trek early in the morning, so make sure to catch up on your sleep a night before. As soon as we reach the base of the trek, which is a small village, we will be embarking on a journey that you will not ever forget.
After walking for a good amount of time, you will come across a glorious fort that will immediately transport you to another world altogether. Walk through the walls of this fort to come across the seen doors of stone.
When you pass these doors, you will come to the temple of Shankareswar. This temple is right at the top and is also the middle point of the trek. Make sure to take in the beautiful view at the top as it is a view that is unlike any other that you have seen before. We will have our lunch at this location, so that you can experience the complete serenity that one only gets when they are totally away from civilization.
After absorbing the beauty at the top of the hill, make your way towards the jungle cave that will have you captivated by its entire beauty. Just for a moment, you will forget what it is like to be a part of civilization as you will become a part of another world altogether.
The trail will end when you come across a huge grassland at the top of the hill, which will be surrounded by huge boulders. We will observe the stunning sunset at this location, with only green grass, clear blue skies and dark grey boulders for our company. Make sure to remember this moment for as long as you can, as it will remind you of the absolute peace you felt at that moment.
Following the gorgeous sunset, we will begin our descent back to the base camp. Make sure to tread carefully in the dark, while being enchanted by the beauty of a hill at night.Subscribe to Event Updates
For booking enquiry you can call us at: 9035182699, 9428909952
Following are your pickup/drop locations. You could let us know which would be appropriate to you before the trek in advance. Also note, the drop points would be the same as pick up.
- Fabindia – House No. 54, 17th Main Road, Opp. Madivala Masjid, Koramangala 2nd Block, Sidharata Colony, Santhosapuram, Koramangala 2nd Block, Koramangala, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- New Shanti Sagar Hotel – Old Airport Road, Domlur, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- KTM Mekhri Circle – Mekhri Circle Junction, Raj Mahal Vilas Extension, Armane Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
Kindly note the timings for the above pickups, would be updated to you a day before the trek.
We request you to kindly carry the following. It’s better to be prepared rather than not prepared.
- Yourself (That’s most important – after all you paid us!)
- Rucksack (Just stuff your things in!)
- 2 water bottle – 1 litre each (Dehydration is much needed.)
- Torch/Headlamp (It’ll be really dark at night.)
- Portable charger (You might just want to keep your phone aside, but then, selfies toh banta hai!)
- Deodorant (You shouldn’t stink!)
- Paytm balance (Thanks to Demonetization)
- Money (You’ll not need it, but do carry some!)
- Energy Food ( Chocolate bars, Electrolyte drinks – Glucon-D, etc ) (You can carry some extra – we don’t mind to share!)
- Raincoat / Bag cover (Of course, you don’t want your rucksack to get all wet!)