Coorg, as a part of its never-ending beauty and wonders, brings to you it’s the highest point: Tadiandamol, which is located at an altitude of 5735 feet. This stunning peak is surrounded by the greenery and expanses of the Shola forests, which are broken by the beautiful blueness of the water bodies that cut through it. The word Tadiandamol in Kannada actually means a big mountain, which is what it exactly is.
The starting point of this trek is Nalakanad Palace, which will take you through a wide expanse of colors, sights and smells that you have never experienced before. Once you make it all the 5735 feet to the top, you are going to be rewarded by the company of nature which will include flowers, snails, trees, streams, and butterflies. Following this gorgeous walk amidst nature, you will return back to the homestay and can enjoy the company of your new trek family!
|TREK DATES||26th – 28th May 2017, 9th June – 11th June 2017|
|TREK LEVEL||Easy – Moderate|
|DISTANCE||14 km (to and fro)|
|DAY 0||Leave from Bangalore by 10:15 PM|
Day 1 – Trek to Tadiandamol
Since you are far away from the hustle bustle of the city now, it is time to forget all the worries that you stress about every day and get ready for the two most peaceful days of your life.Your entire group will reach the homestay early on in the day and after arrival, will take part in a wonderful breakfast and freshening up session.
The trek will start from the base village of Kakkabe which hosts the starting point of the trek that is Nalakand Palace. This starting point is 4 km away from the main road and has a curvy and slightly tricky road to navigate. Once the road to the actual trail begins, it is fairly easy to navigate and follow, even for beginners. On the road up, you will come across a waterfall and a number of streams that will be a feast for your eyes!The animals that will pass you by on this trail will range from tiny butterflies to snails. These animals will be surrounded by the fresh greenness of the surrounding forests and the calm blue of the sky.
During the journey, you will come across the Big Rock which is where you can enjoy your meal as well as take a lot of pictures of each other! Make the most of this time as it has some of the most beautiful panoramic views you have seen in your entire life.
The steep ascent up to False Point might make you feel a little out of breath but it will be totally worth it when you see the gorgeous view of the forest cover from the point. Following this point, the trail will get narrow and steeper but it will be well compensated by the beautiful blowing flowers you will see on either side.
You will start the descent back to the base camp and will finish the trek by 6 in the evening. That in no way means that the fun has ended, in fact, it has just begun. You will be provided with the lovely traditional Coorg meals which can be eaten alongside the big bonfire.
Day 2 – Chelvara Falls
On the second day you will visit the beautiful waterfall on the State Highway known as Chelvara Falls. The water over there is 100 feet deep and you will need to be extremely cautious along with having a great time. Remember to enjoy the cooling effect that the falls will have on you. Take it all in as this is going to be one of the most serene places you will visit in your entire life.
The return journey back to Bangalore will begin soon after this visit.
Join us on this wonderful trek to this gorgeous place to forget behind all of the worries that haunt you in your daily lives. The minute you set sights on the waterfalls and plush greenery that Coorg has to offer you, we assure you that your problems will be more than 5735 feet away from you!Subscribe to Event Updates
For booking inquiry, you can call us at 9035182699, 9428909952
Following are your pickup/drop locations. You could let us know which would be appropriate to you before the trek in advance. Also note, the drop points would be the same as pick up.
- Fabindia – House No. 54, 17th Main Road, Opp. Madivala Masjid, Koramangala 2nd Block, Sidharata Colony, Santhosapuram, Koramangala 2nd Block, Koramangala, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- New Shanti Sagar Hotel – Old Airport Road, Domlur, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- M Chinnaswamy Stadium Bus Stop – Queens Rd, Shivaji Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
Kindly note the timings for the above pickups, would be updated to you a day before the trek.
We request you to kindly carry the following. It’s better to be prepared rather than not prepared.
- Yourself (That’s most important – after all you paid us!)
- Rucksack (Just stuff your things in!)
- 2 water bottle – 1 litre each (Dehydration is much needed.)
- Torch/Headlamp (It’ll be really dark at night.)
- Portable charger (You might just want to keep your phone aside, but then, selfies toh banta hai!)
- Deodorant (You shouldn’t stink!)
- Paytm balance (Thanks to Demonetization)
- Money (You’ll not need it, but do carry some!)
- Energy Food ( Chocolate bars, Electrolyte drinks – Glucon-D, etc ) (You can carry some extra – we don’t mind to share!)
- Raincoat / Bag cover (Of course, you don’t want your rucksack to get all wet!)
- An extra pair of clothes, socks, undergarments, T-Shirt (And we don’t want you to walk in drenched clothes!)
- Flip-flops (Just to laze around the campsite.)
- First Aid Kit (along with personal medicine as per your requirement)
- Toilet kit (Not much would be required – just your toothbrush would do)
- Towel (Oh! We believe in saving water. Let’s ditch bathing for two days!)