It’s time to leave the road and take the trails, trail towards relieving oneself with the utmost beauty of Kunti betta and see yet another living which is one of its kind on earth. Though leaving road is not that easy here’s just a small route to enter the trails, A 130 km drive on the Mysore road towards Mandya and then a right turn, past sugar cane plantations with the characteristic smell of jaggery plants, will take you to Pandavapura. The Pandavas are said to have ended their 14-year long exile here, hence the name Pandavapura. With its steep rock faces and a stone pillar on its summit, Kunti Betta (950 mts) is hard not to notice from here. A short drive from Pandavapura to the temple at the base, and then a stair climb and you are on the trail to Kunti Betta.
With its challenging yet interesting trails, naturally sheltered summit and close proximity to the Thonnur lake (you can trek down to the lake for a dip), Kunti Betta is an excellent trek for both the absolute novice* hoping to take up serious trekking, as well as for the seasoned trekker wanting to do a more laid back trek over the weekend.
|TREK DATES||6th Aug 2017|
|DISTANCE||5 km(to & fro)|
For booking enquiry you can call us at: 9035182699, 9428909952
Following are your pickup/drop locations. You could let us know which would be appropriate to you before the trek in advance. Also note, the drop points would be the same as pick up.
- Fabindia – House No. 54, 17th Main Road, Opp. Madivala Masjid, Koramangala 2nd Block, Sidharata Colony, Santhosapuram, Koramangala 2nd Block, Koramangala, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- New Shanti Sagar Hotel – Old Airport Road, Domlur, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- KTM Mekhri Circle – Mekhri Circle Junction, Raj Mahal Vilas Extension, Armane Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
Kindly note the timings for the above pickups, would be updated to you a day before the trek.
We request you to kindly carry the following. It’s better to be prepared rather than not prepared.
- Yourself (That’s most important – after all you paid us!)
- Rucksack (Just stuff your things in!)
- 2 water bottle – 1 litre each (Hydration is much needed.)
- Torch/Headlamp (It’ll be really dark at night.)
- Portable charger (You might just want to keep your phone aside, but then, selfies toh banta hai!)
- Deodorant (You shouldn’t stink!)
- Paytm balance (Thanks to Demonetization)
- Money (You’ll not need it, but do carry some!)
- Energy Food ( Chocolate bars, Electrolyte drinks – Glucon-D, etc ) (You can carry some extra – we don’t mind to share!)
- Raincoat / Bag cover (Of course, you don’t want your rucksack to get all wet!)
- An extra pair of clothes, socks, undergarments, T-Shirt (And we don’t want you to walk in drenched clothes!)
- Flip-flops (Just to laze around the campsite.)
- First Aid Kit (along with personal medicine as per your requirement)
- Toilet kit (Not much would be required – just your toothbrush would do)
- Towel (Oh! We believe in saving water. Let’s ditch bathing for two days!)