Kodachadri Trek comprises of a complete package of natural beauty – it possesses compact forests, beautiful waterfalls en route, gorgeous jungle trails and picturesque landscapes! Located amidst the Western Ghats of Karnataka, Kodachadri is 1,343 meters above the sea level. Kodachadri Peak has a beautifully painted canvas like backdrop having the famous Mookambika Temple and also the Mookambika National Park. Being at the heart of this National Park, the wildlife and trekking maniacs explore the lush green hillside views and celebrate the wonders of nature!
Alert: Upcoming Events!!! (23rd – 25th Feb 2018)
|TREK DATES||2nd – 4th Mar 2018, 23rd – 25th Mar 2018|
|TREK LEVEL||Easy – Moderate|
|DISTANCE||14 km(to and fro)|
|DAY 0||Leave from Bangalore at 21:00 Hrs|
Day 0 – Depart for Kodachadri
The midnight journey of 397 km commences from Bangalore to Kollur. We shall have a brief orientation session and a fun-filled ice-breaking session where you will get to know about all your fellow trekkers.
Day 1 – Trek to Kodachadri
The day will begin as you reach the hospitable Kodachadri homestay where you can freshen up and enjoy a refreshing and filling breakfast. As we get ready and head out towards the fascinating village for the warm-up before the trek, you can start to feel the serenity of the place. The trail starts from the jeep stand – An enchanting route following a broad road, alongside tall trees and simple lifestyle of the village will bring a divine essence to the journey!
A ride of approx 1.5 km will take us to a dense jungle towards Hidlumane Falls. As the place is near coastlines, it’ll get a little humid. We’ll continue towards the picturesque waterfalls through the beautiful woodlands loaded with nature’s glee.This is a stream of seven falls & trail becomes exciting as we move towards Hidlumane Falls. The water falls from a steep height of 60 ft and it is one of the most unforgettable experiences of trek. As its said -’ No Pain, No Gain’ – so all will be worth it when you get drenched under the waterfalls. The trail to the right of the falls will lead us to the dense forest. Further following the route, the peak is now 4 km from jeep road. As we follow the jeep trail, it will take us to the Shri Mookambika Devi Temple. The peak that is home to a stunning range of biodiversity is just 2 km from the temple.
As we reach the last stretch of the adventure trek, we can capture the bright orange sun setting into the Arabian Sea, against the backdrop of a chain of hills that is simply worth the trek. The changing colors of the sky from fiery red, to orange and then yellow, is worth dying for! It is one of the most incomparable views of the Kodachadri Trek.
Now, the jeep ride to come down will be a thrilling ride that you’ll absolutely love! As it takes our hearts pumping with the steep curves & narrow ends! Enjoying the beautiful sights we shall head back down to the homestay. As we reach our base village, we will be served with the hot and delicious dinner by the hosts.
On the Kodachadri trekking, you can experience the best of what this land of the varied beauties of nature has to offer and experience the serene environment with camping right in the middle of the woods!
Day 2 – Visit Nagara Fort
Today, we shall head towards the Nagara Fort located in the Shimoga district of the state of Karnataka. Built in the 16th Century, the ruins of this fort still hold on to its old world charm and essence of heritage. The gorgeous sight of the fort that you’ll get when you are driving your way will make you stop in order to visit the fort. It’s in size not much huge but there’s something about this place that’ll just leave you awestruck.
So what are you waiting for?
Go and book this NOW!
For booking enquiry you can call us at: 9035182699, 7760710005, 9428909952
Following are your pickup/drop locations. You could let us know which would be appropriate to you before the trek in advance. Also note, the drop points would be the same as pick up.
- Fabindia – House No. 54, 17th Main Road, Opp. Madivala Masjid, Koramangala 2nd Block, Sidharata Colony, Santhosapuram, Koramangala 2nd Block, Koramangala, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- New Shanti Sagar Hotel – Old Airport Road, Domlur, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- KTM Mekhri Circle – Mekhri Circle Junction, Raj Mahal Vilas Extension, Armane Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
Kindly note the timings for the above pickups, would be updated to you a day before the trek.
We request you to kindly carry the following. It’s better to be prepared rather than not prepared.
- Yourself (That’s most important – after all you paid us!)
- Rucksack (Just stuff your things in!)
- 2 water bottle – 1 litre each (Dehydration is much needed.)
- Torch/Headlamp (It’ll be really dark at night.)
- Portable charger (You might just want to keep your phone aside, but then, selfies toh banta hai!)
- Deodorant (You shouldn’t stink!)
- Paytm balance (Thanks to Demonetization)
- Money (You’ll not need it, but do carry some!)
- Energy Food ( Chocolate bars, Electrolyte drinks – Glucon-D, etc ) (You can carry some extra – we don’t mind to share!)
- Raincoat / Bag cover (Of course, you don’t want your rucksack to get all wet!)
- An extra pair of clothes, socks, undergarments, T-Shirt (And we don’t want you to walk in drenched clothes!)
- Flip-flops (Just to laze around the campsite.)
- First Aid Kit (along with personal medicine as per your requirement)
- Toilet kit (Not much would be required – just your toothbrush would do)
- Towel (Oh! We believe in saving water. Let’s ditch bathing for two days!)
OPTIONAL: AUX CABLE, UNO, BLUETOOTH SPEAKER, GUITAR/ANY MUSIC INSTRUMENT, or any other games.