Do you want to spend your weekend in nature’s company, but don’t want to travel much or trek? If this strikes a chord, we have a fantabulous 100 acres property for you to engage in distinguished adventures and have the best camping experience amidst magnificent hills. Not only that, this Summerof2022 you will indulge in knowing about the rich biodiversity of the Western Ghats, get clear river views, take the delight of nature walks, bird watching, sapling planting, etc. This is Commander’s Nest in Sirsi!
An army veteran owns the property. Every amenity is well-thought. The camping experience is one of a kind, with comfortable mattresses, lights inside the tent, well-lit common areas, and a clean washroom. You wouldn’t want to come out of your tents once you are inside but listen to this: all places are offbeat and less crowded; don’t miss those.
Activities—Air Rifle Shooting, Archery, Army Obstacle Course, trekking to sunset point, night trek, knowledge tour—are loaded with adventure.
We will visit Sonda Fort. Located in Sirsi, Sodhe, Sodha, Sonda, or Swadi fort is a gem of a place waiting to be discovered. Looking around Sodhe fort, you can see the remains of once a royal city ruled by Swadi kings.
Next on the plate is Sahasralinga, which means “thousand Shiva’s lingas“. Here, sculptures carved from stones are installed in the middle of the flowing river. You would never want to miss this.
This Commander’s Nest in Sirsi itinerary is perfect for beginners who want to experience trekking and sleeping in camps. All treks are easy in difficulty. When we went there, we promised ourselves to bring you too. Plan the Unplanned team is excited to take you to Commander’s Nest in Sirsi. Go through the complete itinerary of Commander’s Nest in Sirsi for the comprehensive plan and book your tickets at the earliest.
Day 1: A day at the Commander’s Nest ( Tentative Schedule )
Day 2 – Explore the lesser known places in Sirsi
The interesting thing about traveling alone is that you get to meet new people from diverse backgrounds, and towards the end you are no longer strangers. Hence solo travelers are always welcome to join us on our trips. Read more about solo travelling here and get inspired! https://www.plantheunplanned.com/solo-yet-accompanied/
Safety and security is our priority at all times. Hence it is absolutely safe for women/girls to join us on our treks and travels. Our trek leaders accompany the team at all times, and our campsites are secured and safe for accomodation. We also have female trek leaders who accompany on most of our treks.
Yes, we do have options for picking a traveler on board with a few locations provided they are on the route to our destination. Following are the same:
Croma Store, Sony World Signal
Trinity Circle Metro Station
Yeshwanthpur Metro Station
Goraguntepalya Metro Station
Nayanadahalli Metro Station
Well, most of our treks are usually confirmed by Thursday and you would receive a BON VOYAGE mail that would contain details as regards Pickup Points ( Location and Timings ), Outdoor Leader ( Point of Contact ), Do’s and Don’ts. You’ll be added to Whatsapp Group for all the further updates.
Details for availing discounts are mentioned in the following link, https://www.plantheunplanned.com/membership/
For Departures from Bangalore: In the event that YOU cancel your trek, this is the cancellation policy we follow
Note: For All The Above Refund Cases Transaction Fees/Internet Handling Charges will be dedcuted from the overall amount and balance amount shall be refunded. You can transfer your ticket to anyone so that you could save your hard earned money
“Transfer to a future date is only possible only if you cancel between 3-6 days before the trek date and not on the day of departure or a day before”
For other trips and travels with us, and detailed terms and conditions check the following link : https://www.plantheunplanned.com/refund-cancellation-policy
This is one of the best jungle lodge camps I have ever visited. It’s the best place to be if you want to take a break from city life and enjoy nature. Their main highlight is the nature walk and trekking. The food is good. The camp is very neat and well maintained. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Overall, my experience was excellent.
This is one of the best adventure camps and tent stay I have been in last 5-6 years time.
Being a localite of Sirsi, I had my own hesitation to go and stay in a place like this. But glad to explore this new camp.
1. Brand new – so it it sparkling clean and neat especially washrooms, dining and kitchen area is super clean.
2. less than 2 km away from nearest town Sirsi: i wanted to have some spicy food during camfire . Used swiggy as an option – food was delivered within thirty minutes of ordering -how awesome is this !!!!
3. Nature : I could not get enough of this place- its green, surrounded by hills and a stream. There is a small water falls in the property which came as a surpise to me.
4. Activities : Camp is owned by an ex army man. Hence the activities are designed around armed force’s obtacle course along with archery. It looked easy but execution of the same was challenging . One have to climb a hill to do this activities. The campfire area is within the camp area.
5. Hike- we explored two hike trails for sunset points. Both were almost 1.5 km long hilly hike trails. Loved the view. Being so near to town I couldn’t believe there was this lush green forest around this area. Suggestion to girls not to wear shorts during hikes- it has become chilly while coming back from sunset view and shorts did not help 🙁
6. Safety: The camp is enclosed well and secured enough as it is a closed property. The area has more than enough lights. Interestingly it is also bug free- Iwas worried about mosquito bites and did not have any at the end of my stay there.
7. Simple food: Local simple veg food is served in the camp (Vegetarian only).
8. Key for details: The camp is almost set up in open area. They have designed gazibos , seating places beautifully blend with the nature. I found intereting wooden work used as a furniture in the camp. Stone platforms are used as Tent platforms which is a life saver in rainy season and in jungle areas. They also have a changing room for girls in the women washroom section – most of the camp sites dont have this feature which I think is necessary- huge shout out to this .
Didnot find any
One can also request for Areca Garden’s tour. As I come from farming background I didnt find it fascinating but the fellow campers who had come from Bangalore found it captivating.
Over all highly recommended for the camp lovers.
We had an amazing experience in Commander’s Nest the staff is very friendly.
The place is totally for nature lovers, you get disconnected from the city life. Right from beverages to food, everything was just amazing.
At the end of the camp, there’s a small water pond, the view is totally beautiful. You can experience various types of activities like Archery, Gun shooting, Tent-stay, Campfire, Trekking, Plantation tours, etc.
The guide is incredibly respectful and ethical and this is reflected in how he treats the guests, which made the Camp experience awesome!