Your life surely needs some freshness and all you need is to escape into the jungle trails! Trek along the river as it flows through the lush green grasslands of Vagamon near Kottayam. This would be a perfect weekend getaway for those who are looking to find bliss amidst nature. Experience the thrill of walking deep inside the Western Ghat forests where the clouds would accompany you till the end, and if you are lucky – you’ll get a chance to get drenched!
A pristine hill station with virgin glory, Vagamon lies in the Idduki District of Kerala with certain areas coming under the Kottayam District as well. In spite of having a beautiful series of hillocks, valleys, and cascading waterfalls, this place isn’t visited by many, and that’s what makes this place even more special. It would be the ideal destination for you if you are planning to ditch the lousy crowd!
Alert: Other treks happening this Weekend!!!
|TREK DATES||29th Sep-2nd Oct 2017, 20th – 22nd Oct 2017|
|TREK LEVEL||Easy – Moderate(Trek level is subjective)|
Make sure you reach Kotayyam Before 7:00 AM.
For booking enquiry you can call us at: 9035182699, 9428909952
1. By Public Transport(Bus):
There is a direct bus between Bangalore and Kottayam. You can take Padikkle Travels/Kallada Travels/Sam Tourist/Evacay Bus from Bangalore to Kottayam. You can check buses on https://www.redbus.in
There is no direct connectivity of flight between Bangalore and Kottayam. You can take IndiGo from Bangalore to Ernakulam then take a taxi from Ernakulam to Kottayam.
Route 1 ( 595kms) Bangalore-Krishnagiri-Salem-Coimbatore-Palakkad-Thrissur-Kottayam
Route 2 ( 614kms) Bangalore-Krishnagiri-Salem-Karur-Dindigul-Theni-Kottayam
We request you to kindly carry the following. It’s better to be prepared rather than not prepared.
- Yourself (That’s most important – after all you paid us!)
- Rucksack (Just stuff your things in!)
- 2 water bottle – 1 litre each (Hydration is much needed.)
- Torch/Headlamp (It’ll be really dark at night.)
- Portable charger (You might just want to keep your phone aside, but then, selfies toh banta hai!)
- Deodorant (You shouldn’t stink!)
- Paytm balance (Thanks to Demonetization)
- Money (You’ll not need it, but do carry some!)
- Energy Food ( Chocolate bars, Electrolyte drinks – Glucon-D, etc ) (You can carry some extra – we don’t mind to share!)
- Raincoat / Bag cover (Of course, you don’t want your rucksack to get all wet!)
- An extra pair of clothes, socks, undergarments, T-Shirt (And we don’t want you to walk in drenched clothes!)
- Flip-flops (Just to laze around the campsite.)
- First Aid Kit (along with personal medicine as per your requirement)
- Toilet kit (Not much would be required – just your toothbrush would do)
- Towel (Oh! We believe in saving water. Let’s ditch bathing for two days!)