Triund trek is the top McLeodganj trekking destination, particularly for the adventure lovers looking for a short weekend trek near Delhi and Chandigarh. Though being a beginner’s trek, it is pretty rough and rugged. Best enjoyed with friends. For a traveler who always aspires to reach the top of hills and do overnight camping in Himachal, Triund hill trek is a perfect plan for him/her and friends.
16th – 19th March 2018
|DAY 0||Depart from Delhi by 8:00 PM|
Day 0 – Depart for Mcleod Ganj
Start from Delhi at around 8 PM. Board the bus for Mcleod Ganj.
Day 1 – Trek to Triund
Reach Mcleodganj at around 8 AM. Hit a cafe for some chai and breakfast. Refresh and unwind before we start the trek!
At around 10 AM, we shall start out trek towards Triund. The distance which has to be covered is about 9 km, with gradual slopes. It isn’t a difficult trek, but considering the weather and the route, a minimum level of fitness would be required.
It’ll take around 3 to 4 hours to reach Triund. Once you are there, the journey will surely feel worthy! We expect to reach the camping site by 2 PM, where we’ll have lunch.
Explore the best of flora and fauna, gaze at the snow-capped Dhauladhar ranges, and catch the glimpse of the gorgeous sunset. The temperature is expected to drop drastically once the sun goes down, so make sure you are properly geared.
We shall have some music and bonfire in the evening so that everyone feels cozy.
Dinner will be served at the campsite and you can curl up inside the tent.
Day 2 – Trek down to Mcleod Ganj
Wake up early to see the Himalayan peaks turn golden with the sun’s first rays falling on them. Sip on the hot cup of tea, and fill your lungs with freshness. After breakfast, we shall start heading back to Mcleod. The descend will definitely take lesser time, so we hope to chill for some time by the Bhagsu waterfalls.
We shall be there in Mcleod by 12 PM, and you can have your lunch at one of the many amazing cafes at the main market. (We would suggest you try out Tibetan Delights, which is our favorite! They serve the best momos in the town!)
Post lunch, we’ll take a quick walk around the market and you can pick up the souvenirs you wish to. Then, we’ll head towards the Dalai Lama Monastery, which is right across the road.
In the evening, at around 6 PM, we shall board the bus for Delhi.
Day 3 – Reach Delhi
Reach Delhi by 6 AM.
- The cost is not inclusive of your travel. You could directly book a bus to Mcleod Ganj or you could let us know and we shall be happy to make the travel arrangements for you.
- If we go by a private means of transport the cost shall be split accordingly ( On Actuals )
- We Need a Minimum of 6 people for this to happen!
- The Registrations for the event closes on Feb 6th 2018
For booking inquiry, you can call us at: 9035182699, 9428909952
We request you to kindly carry the following. It’s better to be prepared rather than not prepared.
- Yourself (That’s most important – after all you paid us!)
- Rucksack (Just stuff your things in!)
- 2 water bottle – 1 litre each (Dehydration is much needed.)
- Torch/Headlamp (It’ll be really dark at night.)
- Portable charger (You might just want to keep your phone aside, but then, selfies toh banta hai!)
- Deodorant (You shouldn’t stink!)
- Energy Food ( Chocolate bars, Electrolyte drinks – Glucon-D, etc ) (You can carry some extra – we don’t mind to share!)
- Raincoat / Bag cover (Of course, you don’t want your rucksack to get all wet!)
- An extra pair of clothes, socks, undergarments, T-Shirt (And we don’t want you to walk in drenched clothes!)
- Flip-flops (Just to laze around the campsite.)
- First Aid Kit (along with personal medicine as per your requirement)
- Toilet kit (Not much would be required – just your toothbrush would do)
- Towel (Oh! We believe in saving water. Let’s ditch bathing for two days!)
OPTIONAL: AUX CABLE, UNO, BLUETOOTH SPEAKER or any other games.