One of the popular & holy ancient temples surrounded by 77 hills in the Eastern Ghats, Male Mahadeshwara has become a tourist’s paradise because of the unadulterated beauty, off late. The MM Hills is at a height of nearly 3000 Ft from sea level.There’s a Shiva temple that lies amidst the thick jungles of the hill ranges. Not just a mere pilgrimage, but this journey would surely tickle the nature lover in you!
Located at a distance of 210 km from Bangalore, this would be a perfect weekend getaway to escape the city lights and spend some time amidst the serenity of nature. The two days nature walk and camping would be a thrilling experience – visiting the magnificent MM Hills, along with the Hogenakkal Falls and Dhondenling Monastery. Get drenched at ‘The Niagra Falls of India’ and enjoy the mysticism of the Tibetan settlement.
|TREK DATES||New dates coming soon|
|TREK LEVEL||Easy – Moderate|
|DAY 0||Leave from Bangalore at 10:00 PM|
Day 0 – Depart from Bangalore
We shall depart from Bangalore on Friday night. Undoubtedly, it’s going to be one amazing bus ride, as you’ll get to know the fellow travelers and make new bonds with people who’ll accompany you for the next 2 days.
Day 1 – MM Hills and Hogenakkal Falls
The roads are profoundly brilliant and we’ll reach our first stop by Saturday morning. You can chill for a while and have a quick breakfast before we start hiking the MM Hills. The dense evergreen forests that surround the MM Hills will never fail to thrill you and you’ll also get to smell the freshness of earth, that you usually miss out amidst your daily chores.
It’s a decent hike that won’t strain you much and will give you ample scope to soak in the nature.
Once you reach the greater heights, we’ll take a short break to relax and have our lunch.
Later, we shall start descending and head towards the Hogenakkal Falls, which is around 45 km from MM Hills. A place of absolute enchanting beauty, Hogenakkal is rightly named as ‘The Niagara Falls of India’. The water of Cauvery is said to be rich in minerals and the carbonate rocks around the falls enriches the water and taking a dip at Hogenakkal is a must! Wikipedia assures that the water has immense medicinal value, and we are sure that it’ll wash away all the tiredness of your body, mind and soul.
We’ll also go for a coracle ride, which is very famous here.
The day will end with a stunning sunset view and watching the birds getting back in flocks – a picturesque view that you just can’t afford to miss.
Enjoy the tribal dance performance by the local villagers, and get to know about their culture.
You can make a quick escape and be by yourself for sometime, gazing at the stars! It’s something we’ll recommend you to do.
Day 2 – Dhondenling Monastery and Talakadu
We shall have our breakfast and then head towards Dhondenling Monastery, a Tibetan settlement in Kollegal district of Karnataka. Drench yourself amidst the chantings and feel the peace as you explore the Monastery complex.
Post lunch, we’ll make a move towards Talakadu, a small town nestled on the banks of Cauvery. It is considered to a mystic place, submerged in the sands of extremely rich quality and considered to be a sacred place by the devotees of Lord Shiva. We shall explore the temple town and the ruins of the past, that still stands there with all its glory.
At around 4 PM, we shall leave Talakadu and start our return journey for Bangalore.
For booking enquiry you can call us at: 9035182699, 9428909952
Following are your pickup/drop locations. You could let us know which would be appropriate to you before the trek in advance. Also note, the drop points would be the same as pick up.
- Fabindia – House No. 54, 17th Main Road, Opp. Madivala Masjid, Koramangala 2nd Block, Sidharata Colony, Santhosapuram, Koramangala 2nd Block, Koramangala, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- New Shanti Sagar Hotel – Old Airport Road, Domlur, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- KTM Mekhri Circle – Mekhri Circle Junction, Raj Mahal Vilas Extension, Armane Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
Kindly note the timings for the above pickups, would be updated to you a day before the trek.
We request you to kindly carry the following. It’s better to be prepared rather than not prepared.
- Yourself (That’s most important – after all you paid us!)
- Rucksack (Just stuff your things in!)
- 2 water bottle – 1 litre each (Dehydration is much needed.)
- Torch/Headlamp (It’ll be really dark at night.)
- Portable charger (You might just want to keep your phone aside, but then, selfies toh banta hai!)
- Deodorant (You shouldn’t stink!)
- Paytm balance (Thanks to Demonetization)
- Money (You’ll not need it, but do carry some!)
- Energy Food ( Chocolate bars, Electrolyte drinks – Glucon-D, etc ) (You can carry some extra – we don’t mind to share!)
- Raincoat / Bag cover (Of course, you don’t want your rucksack to get all wet!)
- An extra pair of clothes, socks, undergarments, T-Shirt (And we don’t want you to walk in drenched clothes!)
- Flip-flops (Just to laze around the campsite.)
- First Aid Kit (along with personal medicine as per your requirement)
- Toilet kit (Not much would be required – just your toothbrush would do)
- Towel (Oh! We believe in saving water. Let’s ditch bathing for two days!)