Kheerganga is just not the place, it is purely a spiritual ground which connects you with your inner peace. It is one of the most refreshing treks. This trek is not all about the summit it is all about the journey because sometimes the journey is more beautiful than the destination itself. You will cross many waterfalls, vast greenery, a bit of jungle area and wooden bridges. The best part about this trek is the thunderous sound of the river which makes you remind every moment how strong our Mother Nature really is. From Hard Rocks to completely green vegetation, From waterfalls to the woods everything in this trek will pleasure your senses and last but not the least when your energy is complete dried up after reaching the summit you are rewarded with release from all your pains during the day and get to bathe in the hot spring and rejuvenate yourself. Please don’t forget to give some delightful treat to your eyes with the beautiful night sky that gives you a panoramic view of the outer Milky Way.
|TREK DATES||9th – 11th June 2017|
|TREK LEVEL||Easy(Difficulty level is subjective)|
|DAY 0||Explore Kasol & Manikaran|
|DAY 1||Explore Kasol – Barshaini|
|DAY 2||Explore Barshaini- Kasol|
Day 1: Explore Kasol & Manikaran
Reach Kasol camp site, freshen up and have some refreshment.
Explore Kasol & Manikaran (the famous gurudwara), where potatoes still boil in hot water spring. Sit Somewhere around Parvati river and enjoy the beauty of this valley.
Day 2: Kasol- Barshaini-Rudranaag- Kheerganga.
Early morning will leave from Kasol to Barshaini(last motorable road for this trek). Trek starts from Barshaini itself, 4-5 hours walk from barshaini and through the mid of the forest, crossing waterfalls, enjoying panoramic sky views you will reach to the main point i.e Kheerganga which is a beautiful meadow covered with mountains. Overnight camping.
Day 3: Kheerganga-Rudranaag – Tosh.
Early morning trek starts from Kheerganga to Barshaini. Experience the same route but this time downhill most of the times, enjoy the journey of this route one more time till you reach Barshaini. Enjoy the music and magic of this valley and then will drop you to Kasol.
Subscribe to Event Updates
For booking enquiry you can call us at: 8377994335, 9035182699.
- There is no electricity in Kheerganga and the lights run on solar power.
- This is the place where Kartik Ji, the elder son of Lord Shiva remained in samadhi for thousands of years.
- The hot water spring there is considered to have medicinal properties.
- The place is open for about 8 months in a year and is not permanently inhabited.
We request you to kindly carry the following. It’s better to be prepared rather than not prepared.
- Yourself (That’s most important – after all you paid us!)
- Rucksack (Just stuff your things in!)
- 2 water bottle – 1 litre each (Dehydration is much needed.)
- Torch/Headlamp (It’ll be really dark at night.)
- Portable charger (You might just want to keep your phone aside, but then, selfies toh banta hai!)
- Deodorant (You shouldn’t stink!)
- Paytm balance (Thanks to Demonetization)
- Money (Do carry some!)
- Energy Food ( Chocolate bars, Electrolyte drinks – Glucon-D, etc ) (You can carry some extra – we don’t mind to share!)
- Raincoat / Bag cover (Of course, you don’t want your rucksack to get all wet!)
- An extra pair of clothes, socks, undergarments, T-Shirt (And we don’t want you to walk in drenched clothes!)
- Flip-flops (Just to laze around the campsite.)
- First Aid Kit (along with personal medicine as per your requirement)
- Toilet kit (Not much would be required – just your toothbrush would do)
- Towel (Oh! We believe in saving water. Let’s ditch bathing for two days!)
- If you have any breathing issues, carry your pump and your ownprescribed medicines.