For everyone out there who loves the view from the top of a hill, we have just the trek for you. Say hello to Kalsubai, which is the highest peak in Maharashtra as it stands at a whopping height of 5400 feet above the sea level. Once you manage to make the 3-hour walk up to the top, you are going to be greeted with one of the best sights of your life. You will get to feel what it is like to literally be on top of the world as you will be in the company of blue skies and fresh green grass.
This wonderful trek will start from Bari, which is the base village 120 kilometres away from Mumbai. We will get to have the pleasure of enjoying Kalsubai at night as we will begin the trek in the evening. We will be staying at the peak overnight so that we do not miss the stunning sunrise in the morning. The trek is clearly marked so there will be no chance of anyone getting lost, but it is also very tiring so you should make sure that you carry enough to energize yourself.
|TREK DATE||New dates coming soon|
|TREK LEVEL||Moderate (difficulty level is subjective)|
|DAY 1||-Depart from Mumbai at 11:00 AM
-Reach the base village(Bari) by 3 PM
-Start the trek by 3:30 PM
-Reach the top by 6:30 PM
-Enjoy the sunset
-Camping and dinner
|DAY 2||-Enjoy sunrise
-Trek to Bari – the base village
-Reach the base by 12:30 PM
-Reach Mumbai by 4:30 PM
We will leave from the base at 2 in the afternoon and reach the base of the mountain by 5 in the evening. The trek will begin at 5 in the evening and will take at least 3 hours to complete our way to the top.
Make sure to hold onto any food items that you have carried along with you as the trek is abundant in monkeys who would be all too happy to eat whatever you have with you.
If anyone is scared about the safety aspect of the trek, there is no need for worry as there are a number of railings and stairs to assist even the most beginner level of trekkers.
As we slowly make our way towards the top, you will be met with the gorgeous view of mountain tops that have windmills interspersed on them. For everyone who needs to replenish their energy by this point, do not worry as there are a number of stalls that sell pakoras and lemon juice along the way. Here’s some excellent news for all you foodies: some of these stalls even sell Maggi!
Once we reach the top of the hill, we will enjoy a beautiful campfire on top of the hill to save us from the cold. Make sure to carry your jackets, appetite and love for storytelling for this part of the trek.
We will wake up very early to observe the breath-taking view of the sunrise at the top of the hill in the morning. After a quick snack, we will make our way down to the base camp again. Make sure to hold onto your eatables and your memories as you leave this enchanting site.
So join us for one night to enjoy the majesticness, simplicity, serenity that nature brings along with her. You will not regret it!
1. Consumption of alcohol, intoxicants and smoking would not be tolerated during the entire course of the journey. Kindly co-operate with us to make the experience more fun.
2. Put Litter in its place, do not trash the mother earth.
3. In the case of traffic delays or breakdowns expect a few delay in reaching the destination.
For booking enquiry you can call us at: 9035182699, 9428909952
Following are your pickup/drop locations. You could let us know which would be appropriate to you before the trek in advance. Also note, the drop points would be the same as pick up.
- Yogi Hotel , Diamond Garden , Chembur, Maharashtra.
- Vashi below Main Birdge, Maharashtra.
- McDonald, Kalamboli, Panvel, Maharashtra.
Kindly note the timings for the above pickups, would be updated to you a day before the trek.
We request you to kindly carry the following. It’s better to be prepared rather than not prepared.
- Yourself (That’s most important – after all you paid us!)
- Rucksack (Just stuff your things in!)
- 2 water bottle – 1 litre each (Dehydration is much needed.)
- Torch/Headlamp (It’ll be really dark at night.)
- Portable charger (You might just want to keep your phone aside, but then, selfies toh banta hai!)
- Deodorant (You shouldn’t stink!)
- Paytm balance (Thanks to Demonetization)
- Money (You’ll not need it, but do carry some!)
- Energy Food ( Chocolate bars, Electrolyte drinks – Glucon-D, etc ) (You can carry some extra – we don’t mind to share!)
- Raincoat / Bag cover (Of course, you don’t want your rucksack to get all wet!)
- Flip-flops (Just to laze around the campsite.)
- First Aid Kit (along with personal medicine as per your requirement)
- Toilet kit (Not much would be required – just your toothbrush would do)