Nestled in the Himalayan foothills in Kullu District of Himachal Pradesh, Manali has always been a favourite hill station of travellers. Surrounded by the snow-clad peaks, this little town on the banks of the Beas Rivers is a paradise for mountain lovers.
This summer, let’s escape the heat and find yourself amidst nature! Explore the old temples, relax by the river bank, hike inside the Himalayan forests and experience an amazing weekend full of exciting stories and activities.
This trip is not like any other weekend escapade – but one that you’re going to cherish forever! So join us for the journey and let’s knit some wonderful stories together while exploring the Himalayan abode of Manali.
|TREK DATES||19th – 22nd May 2017|
|TREK LEVEL||Easy – Moderate|
Day 0 – Depart for Manali
Meet at Majnu Ka Tilla, New Delhi and leave for Manali at around 7:00 PM
Day 1 – Hike to Hadimba Temple and Storytelling
-Reach Manali by 7:00 / 8:00 AM
-Have breakfast and Freshen Up.
-Hike to Hadimba Temple
-Gather for lunch at Old Manali
-Walk inside the Deodar and Pine forest connecting Old Manali to New Manali by 2 PM.
-Storytelling session and activities by Shivangi Sharma, Founder and Creative Head of Timeless Tales. An oral & abstract storyteller and a cuppeteer, Shivangi has a unique way of telling folklores, fables & stories to all age groups and has been doing various storytelling shows across the country.
Details of storytelling session:
- Storytelling session with songs & dramatics
- Role Play
- Cuppetry – cup puppet show (this is a unique activity)
- Interactive Storytelling Activity – with props made on the spot. The participants will be given chart papers, crayons, and scissors to quickly make objects. These objects are pre-decided characters of the stories.
This would be an amazing experience to be in the middle of the jungles, and sharing tales along with fun activities!
-Head out of the forest and explore Mall Road in New Manali.
-Head towards the hotel/ homestay.
-Have dinner – around 8.30 PM – 9.30 PM.
-Post dinner, we shall have a DREAM JAR ACTIVITY – another innovative storytelling session.
Day 2 – Visit Solang Valley and Hike to Jogini Falls
-Reach Delhi by 5:00 / 6:00 AM.
Picture credits: Riyanka Roy, Editor in ChiefSubscribe to Event Updates
For booking enquiry you can call us at: 9035182699, 9428909952
We request you to kindly carry the following. It’s better to be prepared rather than not prepared.
- Yourself (That’s most important – after all you paid us!)
- Rucksack (Just stuff your things in!)
- 2 water bottle – 1 litre each (Dehydration is much needed.)
- Torch/Headlamp (It’ll be really dark at night.)
- Portable charger (You might just want to keep your phone aside, but then, selfies toh banta hai!)
- Deodorant (You shouldn’t stink!)
- Paytm balance (Thanks to Demonetization)
- Money (You’ll not need it, but do carry some!)
- Energy Food ( Chocolate bars, Electrolyte drinks – Glucon-D, etc ) (You can carry some extra – we don’t mind to share!)
- Raincoat / Bag cover (Of course, you don’t want your rucksack to get all wet!)
- An extra pair of clothes, socks, undergarments, T-Shirt (And we don’t want you to walk in drenched clothes!)
- Flip-flops (Just to laze around the campsite.)
- First Aid Kit (along with personal medicine as per your requirement)
- Toilet kit (Not much would be required – just your toothbrush would do)
- Towel (Oh! We believe in saving water. Let’s ditch bathing for two days!)
If you cancel trek/plan before 25th April:
100% refund will be provided. (Payment gateway charges will be deducted)
If you cancel trek/plan before 5th May:
50 % of the actual amount of the trek. (Payment gateway charges will be deducted)
48 hours before the trek/plan:
No refund would be provided.
Additional charges would be deducted(based on from where you booked) if you cancel the trek at any given date(along with the scenario described above), as payment gateway/event listing partner charges.
For all the above choices, you can transfer your tickets to your friends. We would be more than happy to have them on board and you could save your hard earned money.